Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

Susan, John's sister, asked for this to be posted:

------

This Memorial Day we think of you and all who have served. We remember and will never forget.

I saw 2 quotes that I thought were profound on my last visit to Arlington.

"When you get home tell them of us and say... for their tomorrows, we gave our today" - Kohima Epitaph

and this one that so reminded me of you, I laughed...

"It is better to have lived one day as a lion then one thousand days as a sheep"
Lt Col. Klinger, buried at Arlington.

John - we miss you, this really doesn't get an easier, I thought maybe it would. When I think about what happened to you my stomach still does a flip, guess it always will.

I still think of you every day, every hour, every minute.

You were a bad ass & I love you,

Susan
Nightstalkers Don't Quit!

2 comments:

John Mocko said...

Dear John;
Another Memorial Day has come & gone and after a most moving ceremony in Little Egg Harbor honoring all the fallen heroes, Aunt Linda & went to my American Legion Post and we toasted you as we touched the chair we dedicated to you.
We will never, never forget the sacrifice you made and will do our best to keep your memory alive.
By the way, Aunt Kathy passed away on March 16th after 8 plus years of fighting cancer. Keep an eye out for her and tell her that everything will be OK for Roger, Sean, Seraphina, Judy, Barbie, Tracy, Roger Jr and all her grandchildren.
Love from Uncle John & Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

My brother served with John and Dan in the 160th and their spirits keep pushing him forward as he continues to be the tip of the spear. I visited John and Dan in Arlington and thanked them for everything that they had done. They are remembered.

"As the winds swept by our fallen brothers, I felt a gentle touch drift pass me. Upon a scent of flowers ever so mystical, I saw her, the angel had come for my friends. Softly she touched each, and each soul then arose. It was silent, as silent as the Night Stalkers run... My brothers were carried to their peace upon the wings of an Angel. And I smiled and cried no more, for God said to them, welcome my sons."