Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Two Years today

John died two years ago today; I can't believe it's been that long already. I went to John's grave site this morning (after dropping the kids at school). Every other time I've been to Arlington, there have been many people around - especially in Section 60. Today when I visited, it was mid-day and mid-week on a cold and wet February day, and there was no one else about. There was, however, plenty of evidence that people had visited recently. There were flowers and notes and flags lightly moving in the winter wind. After a little while, the precip changed from snow to sleet and freezing rain. I went back to the car and sat for a bit, and felt about as sad and alone as I'd had since we all heard the news two years ago.

I took some pictures and videos, and uploaded them to share. The album is unlisted, which means the link can be viewed by anyone reading this post, but the photos themselves aren't searchable to the public.

No comments: